Re: [Exim] Exim4: dynamic lookup list - how?

Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim4: dynamic lookup list - how?
On 18-Sep-2002 at 09:03:46 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, John Horne wrote:
>> I've tried various lookup combinations but cannot really get what is
>> wanted.
>> My thoughts are that we want a 'dynamically' created list whenever the
>> address 'support' is used. It would be created from the list members. The
>> use of the extract function seemed hopeful, but that seems to only return
>> one entry and we need all the relevant addresses.
>
> This sounds like a possible use for the queryprogram router. You could
> then write a script using something simple like grep to extract the
> addresses for you.

Yes, you may well be right. I need to investigate the use of '@@' in lookups
a bit more, but otherwise that may be the way to go. I was, however, hoping
to avoid any thing 'external' (or 'additional' perhaps) and get exim itself
to do all the work for me :-) If I can I'll get back to the problem today.

Thanks,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???