[Exim] Exim4: dynamic lookup list - how?

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim4: dynamic lookup list - how?
Hello,

Apologies for the perhaps slightly confusing title. We have a lookup file of
users for a virtual domain. However, what is wanted is a 'support' address
for the domain, such that the message is sent to all members of the domain
(as specified in the lookup file). The issue is complicated by the fact that
the file has users with multiple entries, and we don't want them receiving
several copies of the message.

Example:

Lookup file for domain 'example.com' contains:

    john: jhorne@???
    jh: john@???
    fred: fred@???
    fred.bloggs: fred@???

We want the address 'support@???' to send mail to those users in the
file with an '@example.com' address( i.e. 'jh' and 'fred.bloggs').

I've tried various lookup combinations but cannot really get what is wanted.
My thoughts are that we want a 'dynamically' created list whenever the
address 'support' is used. It would be created from the list members. The
use of the extract function seemed hopeful, but that seems to only return
one entry and we need all the relevant addresses.

Anyone any ideas about this? I'm happy to use a filter of some sort, but
don't really want to go to using perl since we have had no need to use it
from within exim so far.

Thanks,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???