Re: [Exim] Exim4: dynamic lookup list - how?

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim4: dynamic lookup list - how?
On 17-Sep-2002 at 16:49:36 Dave C. wrote:
> Note he said 'say, a(n) SQL database'.. The was an example. You should
> choose a storage message appropriate to your setup - maybe flat file, DB
> file, something..

Ah, noted. Apologies.

>> The virtual domain user list is a CDB file (created from a plain text
>> file), but I get your idea. However, as the subject line said, I want it
>> 'dynamic'. I don't want to manually (or via cron) run a program, I want
>> exim to go get the info whenever it needs it.
>
> If you do this as a lookup with lsearch against a flat file, exim will
> do the lookup everytime, so if you make changes to the file, they will
> take immediate affect.

But 'lsearch' for what? I can't use 'support' because I'd need to list all
the users, and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Hmm, having said that. I could add an extra entry for each user which
includes a domain. The 'support' address would be a redirect router which
does an '@@lsearch' (I think) lookup (or @@cdb) to only use the keys with a
domain. Email to individual domain users would search the same file but look
for keys without the domain.

Thanks, I'll try that.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???