Re: [Exim] Configuration advice

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dale Dude
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Configuration advice
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Dale Dude wrote:

> I just started using exim. Coming from Postfix I was hoping to make use of
> exim's connection caching.

Not quite sure what you mean by "connection caching". Exim doesn't
do that in any formal way.

> >From reading the docs and browsing the list archives I came up with the
> below config. Otherwise my config is pretty stock. Unfortunately, email
> doesn't seem to go out as fast as I had hoped and I can't seem to tell if
> connection caching is working. How can I tell?

Ah, you are using queue_smtp_domains. Ok, so you're referring to the
sending of several messages down the same TCP/IP connection. You can
tell if a message is delivered this way by looking at the logs. Look for
the IP address in each => delivery line. If there is an asterisk after
the closing ] an existing connection was used.