Re: [Exim] Configuration advice

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Dale Dude
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Configuration advice
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Dale Dude wrote:

> doesn't seem to go out as fast as I had hoped and I can't seem to tell if
> connection caching is working. How can I tell?

queue some messages up that go to the same destination domain, then
verbose run one of them. you will see that all of them go out, and you
won't see only one connection.

> Also, are there any recommendations that could be made to my modifications
> below? Any help, pointers or further search terms for the list archives
> would be greatly appreciated.

you didn't mention your disk subsystem, your partitioning scheme, and
the like. remember that mail is (in most of the cases, at least)
i/o-bound. you won't get far with one slow ide disk...

also you could set stuff like *_timeout up on the remote_smtp
transport, that too helps somewhat (experiment for values that match
your situation).

--
(void)