Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions

Autor: Ade Lovett
A: Tony Finch, jerry
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [Exim] Cyrus integration?
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions
On 09/11/02 12:33, "Tony Finch" <dot@???> wrote:
> Jerry A! <jerry@???> wrote:
>> MMDF is not closed-source.
>
> Ah, I'm familiar with it because of SCO and assumed that Demon had done
> something special to get hold of the source from them...

Nope. The SCO version of MMDF was, to the best of my hazy knowledge, based
on slightly modified sources, and as such, you didn't get the source, though
stock MMDF ran just fine, modulo a few minor patches to phonenet (grrr :)

There's also at least 3 reimplementations that I know of that have replaced
the submit(8) process with a libsubmit.a library, doing away with all that
*funky* pseudo-IPC. Yours truly has one of the implementations.

ObOnTopic: Please please please please to whomever it was talking about a
Cyrus + Exim[34] HOWTO (as much as I hate the term), Publish! Be Famous!

-aDe