Re: [Exim] Announce: exiscan-4.10-12

Autor: Dave C.
A: Sheldon Hearn
CC: Tom Kistner, R W C, exiscanusers, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Announce: exiscan-4.10-12
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On (2002/09/11 16:41), Tom Kistner wrote:
>
> > >To install exim4 on Freebsd, you do
> > >
> > >cd /usr/ports/mail/exim-devel
> > >make
> > >make install
> > >make clean
> > >
> > >Everything else is handled by the port.
> >
> > Yes, but when during that process do you apply the patch ?
> > I guess the patch is not included in the port !? :)
>
> If you need to apply patches that are not included with the port, you
> can do this:
>
> cd /usr/ports/mail/exim-devel
> make patch
> # apply additional patches by hand
> make install clean

Ah yes, but I like to leave the patch in the ports directory, so if the
version bumps by a minor number the patch will still be applied on a
recompile..

> Note, however, that if your patches add or remove files from the list
> normally installed, the package registration in /var/db/pkg will be
> wrong and the package may not be correctly removed with pkg_delete(1).
>
> The port is not an inflexible thing. If someone sends me patches that
> allow folks to add in exiscan support with a WITH_EXISCAN=yes knob, I'll
> gladly apply them.

Now that would be nice.

The patch site is http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/ - it would be really
fantastic if the patchfile itself could be added as part of the sources
and retrieved automatically as well.. The standard patch is a directory
level higher than the normal FreeBSD ones, I dont know if you'd have to
modify it or if there is a way of telling the ports system to specify
the -p1 when applying the patch..