Re: [Exim] Announce: exiscan-4.10-12

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Tom Kistner
CC: Dave C., R W C, exiscanusers, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Announce: exiscan-4.10-12
On (2002/09/11 16:41), Tom Kistner wrote:

> >To install exim4 on Freebsd, you do
> >
> >cd /usr/ports/mail/exim-devel
> >make
> >make install
> >make clean
> >
> >Everything else is handled by the port.
>
> Yes, but when during that process do you apply the patch ?
> I guess the patch is not included in the port !? :)

If you need to apply patches that are not included with the port, you
can do this:

cd /usr/ports/mail/exim-devel
make patch
# apply additional patches by hand
make install clean

Note, however, that if your patches add or remove files from the list
normally installed, the package registration in /var/db/pkg will be
wrong and the package may not be correctly removed with pkg_delete(1).

The port is not an inflexible thing. If someone sends me patches that
allow folks to add in exiscan support with a WITH_EXISCAN=yes knob, I'll
gladly apply them.

And yes, I've asked the ports management team to assist me with a rename
of exim-devel to something that doesn't imply instability.

Ciao,
Sheldon.