Re: [Exim] Lousy error message when verify = header_sender f…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Greg Ward
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Lousy error message when verify = header_sender fails
On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> That's fine -- I much prefer it to qmail-style "I'm sorry it didn't work
> out". But is there any way to override it here?

Not yet. In the next release you will be able to set

smtp_return_error_details = true

It is clear there are two very different schools of thought here. There
are people like yourself that want to return a lot of detail to the
client host, and then there are those who don't want to tell those
damned spammers anything more than they have to.