Re: [Exim] Saving rejected mail

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Dave C.
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Saving rejected mail
On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Greg Ward wrote:
>
> > Right. I think I have figured out a nicer way to do this; it involves
> > turning "deny" ACL statements into "warn", and then later checking for
> > the header added by the warning.

Indeed. We use this approach in some of our antispam recipes too.

> Or you can even do this in a DATA ACL, checking for the same conditions.

Yes. There's a minority of broken mailers, however, which treat a 5xx
at DATA time as a temporary error, so you'll want to have some
strategy (if only to keep an eye on the log and add the offenders to a
blacklist) to break such standoffs.

cheers