Re: [Exim] Bad News about the Exim Book

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Bad News about the Exim Book
sam@??? (Sam Varghese) [Thursday, September 05, 2002 5:14 AM]:

> Finally, for what it's worth, this is another indication that one must
> be wary of Eric Raymond and his gang of "open source" capitalists. To
> them the dollar is everything. RMS is probably less refined but he
> rings true and does not compromise.

What, btw, is the point of dragging in an ESR / RMS mention here? Oh well,
since you brought it up I'll answer one small part of this. Please feel
free to take this discussion over to email (or somewhere else more
on-topic - am open to suggestions).

What ESR said in "The Magic Cauldron" - and what Ganesh Prasad said in his
excellent essay on open source economics (google turns up dozens of copies)
does ring true, you know ...

    -srs (GNU/Exim? Naah...)