Re: [Exim] Bad News about the Exim Book

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sam Varghese
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Bad News about the Exim Book
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Sam Varghese wrote:

> Frankly, I'm not surprised at O'Reilly's attitude.

For the record, I have no problem with their "attitude". They are a
commercial publisher. If they don't feel they can justify publishing a
book, that's entirely their decision. They have not broken any promises.
All I can possibly complain about is the length of time it took them to
make this decision.

> The first thing to ascertain is whether you have copyright to what has

That will be sorted out. I do not expect any problems.

> I would strongly urge you to look at Tech Publications, Singapore.

Thanks for the reference. I'll bear it in mind.

> Finally, for what it's worth, this is another indication that one must
> be wary of Eric Raymond and his gang of "open source" capitalists. To
> them the dollar is everything.

I don't follow. People don't publish books for nothing. Everyone has to
eat. I have no problem with that.