Re: [Exim] Exim on MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar)

Autor: xmath
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim on MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar)
> As I have no access to any releases of OSX, I can't do any testing of my own.

If it doesn't eat up too much time, I can do some testing for you on 10.2

> and I would have thought that on all modern systems it would be defined.
> Even glibc 2 is quite old now.

Well, the interesting thing is that apparently it behaves like glibc3.. I've checked and the other options there (it was something about IP Options right?) all failed to work on 10.2, only the one for glibc >= 3 works.

BTW, I've now configured exim to send all non-local mail to a specific server. I was curious if I could make mail bound right away if it can't be delivered (without retrying) so I removed the retries-string, leaving just the two asterisks. I pulled out my connection and sent an email. I saw this in the log:

2002-09-04 19:50:27 H1XDK3-00056G-00 == matthijs@??? R=relay_mail defer (-1): lookup of host "mail.cds.nl" failed in relay_mail router
2002-09-04 19:50:27 H1XDK3-00056G-00 ** matthijs@???: retry timeout exceeded
2002-09-04 19:50:27 H1XDK3-00056G-00 matthijs@???: error ignored
2002-09-04 19:50:27 H1XDK3-00056G-00 Completed

Ehh... error ignored? Why did it ignore the error and discard my email? where's the bounce?

- Matthijs