Re: [Exim] Exim on MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: xmath
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim on MacOS X 10.2 (Jaguar)
On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, xmath wrote:

> I just wanted to let you know I got Exim working on OSX 10.2.

Good.

> Initially I got compile errors, but in all cases it turned out a #if
> was making the wrong choice. I've managed to get it working by adding:
>
> #define NO_IP_VAR_H
> #define GLIBC_IP_OPTIONS
> #define __GLIBC__ 3

There was a thread about the first of those on the mailing list just a
few days ago. Something has obviously changed in the latest release of
Darwin. I have to decide whether to change the default or try to be
clever and notice the different versions. As I have no access to any
releases of OSX, I can't do any testing of my own.

> to OS/os.h-Darwin. I have a feeling however I'm really not supposed
> to be #defining __GLIBC__ so there's probably a better way to get it
> working, but at least this works! :)

I'm surprised. The only test in the source that uses __GLIBC__ is

#if (!defined __GLIBC__) || (__GLIBC__ < 2)

and I would have thought that on all modern systems it would be defined.
Even glibc 2 is quite old now.

> oh btw, Exim rocks..

Thank you.