[Exim] Bad News about the Exim Book

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users, exim-announce
Subject: [Exim] Bad News about the Exim Book
Publishers are going through a hard time, it seems.

A month ago, O'Reilly informed me that they were not going to publish
the second edition of the Exim book because the first edition had not
performed well enough financially.

They then considered publishing it under their Community Press imprint,
which is a means of publishing material direct from the author, without
editing or indexing by O'Reilly staff. I delayed making an announcement
to the lists while this process was going on.

I have now been told that this won't happen.

So - I am now in a state where I have a second edition, but no
publisher. I do not yet know what the legal position is with regard to
copyright etc., because a lot of the second edition is of course the
same as the first edition. I am seeking urgent clarification of this
issue.

If there are any publishers reading this, or if any of you have any
contacts with publishers who might be interested, please get in touch
with me. I would like to see a printed version if possible because I
think people appreciate having a bound book. It's not the kind of thing
you really want to read on your screen.

Philip