Re: [Exim] 'sendmail -bs -t' sendmail compatibility

Autor: Steve Haslam
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] 'sendmail -bs -t' sendmail compatibility
On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:52:22PM +0100, Giles Constant wrote:
> > You've looked at "extract_addresses_remove_arguments" of course?
>
> Doesn't help - it's the fact that the binary is calling exim with '-bs
> -t', and exim barfs with 'incompatible command-line arguments'. I can't
> modify the binary (actually, I'm contemplating overwriting the '-t' in
> the binary with spaces using a hex editor), so I'm trying modify exim.

would it be easier to write a wrapper (installed as /usr/lib/sendmail), that
in case of "-bs -t ..." command line, takes the input from your program and
transforms it into normal bsmtp and pipes it into "exim -bS", but in case of
other arguments, just execs exim? Writing an SMTP reader and moving all the
Bcc headers into RCPT TO lines would be fairly easy, even in C, I think.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@???
Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer                               araqnid@???