Re: [Exim] SMTP Cluster - Shared Spool?

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Jawaid.Bazyar
CC: bazyar, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP Cluster - Shared Spool?
(Jawaid.Bazyar@???) [Sunday, August 11, 2002 1:08 AM]:

> My concern with an approach like that is that it multiplies
> administration. If I have 3 front-end servers, I then have 3 places
> to go to administer frozen mail, 3 efficiency reports to analyze, etc.

All of which is extremely scriptable.

> For me it's also not so simple, because I don't have one MX domain, I
> have thousands. For this I'd rather let the Alteon load-balancer
> handle failover instead of doing via MX.

Fine - if you have several pointing in with an Alteon, then that's cool

But sharing a spool across NFS will give you more grief than you need.

> And most importantly, if one of the front-ends goes down then any
> mail in its spool will not get processed until that server is
> restored to operation.

True. So the thing is to see that the thing doesn't go down, and have
netsaint or something monitor it 24x7 ...

    -srs