Re: [Exim] SMTP Cluster - Shared Spool?

Autor: Jawaid.Bazyar
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: bazyar, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP Cluster - Shared Spool?
My concern with an approach like that is that it multiplies
administration. If I have 3 front-end servers, I then have 3 places to go
to administer frozen mail, 3 efficiency reports to analyze, etc.

For me it's also not so simple, because I don't have one MX domain, I have
thousands. For this I'd rather let the Alteon load-balancer handle
failover instead of doing via MX.

And most importantly, if one of the front-ends goes down then any mail in
its spool will not get processed until that server is restored to
operation.