RE: [Exim] partial-mysql query question

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tom Bell
CC: Mark McRitchie, Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] partial-mysql query question
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Tom Bell wrote:

>      I under stand that, my problem is that I dont want SQL to do the
> matching. To quote the exim manual at exim.org

> Partial matching is implemented by doing a series of separate lookups
> using keys constructed by modifying the original subject key. This means
> that it can be used with any of the single-key lookup types, provided

> Well it seems that this is not working with partial-mysql.

No, it won't. You've overlooked one vital statement in the manual. The
title of that section is:

9.5 Partial matching in single-key lookups

> So my question is probably more like is partial-mysql meant to work ?

No. Partial matching works only in single-key lookups, where Exim has a
simple key string to look up. I will put a more prominent warning into
the next edition of the manual.