Re: [Exim] IS it possible? An idea may be

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: dave.markham, 'Exim User \(E-mail\)'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] IS it possible? An idea may be
dave.markham@??? (David Markham) [Friday, August 09, 2002 5:16 PM]:

> What config do you use to stop a user sending more than 10 emails?

Our outbound machines are all webmail and run qmail-send (no qmail-smtpd).

We have log monitors watching the logs - and then kick in automatically to
freeze the user once he hits a limit.

Ditto on our inbound MXs.

> Problem i have is because i deal with a freeisp i cannot block an ip
> address as it could be reassigned when someone else dials up.
> I need to dynamically stop someone emailing more than say 10-20

Like I said, use the DCC - http://www.rhyolite.com/dcc/ - on your outbound
that should help you. This is of course if you are an admin at said free
ISP ...

    -srs