Re: [Exim] Mutable mobile configuration

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mutable mobile configuration
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Tony Finch wrote:

> The spec mentions that Exim obtains a list of the machine's network
> interface addresses for the purpose of avoiding routing loops. It would
> be handy if this list could be made available as an expansion variable
> so that (say) an SMTP smart host can be chosen based on the IP address
> obtained via DHCP.

Well, it only looks for the machine's interfaces if local_interfaces is
unset, but I presume that doesn't change your comment.

Sometimes the list of local interfaces can be exceedingly long (hundreds
of addresses) if the host has many virtual interfaces (common in web
hosting). But I suppose one could put some kind of limit on the size of
the expanded string.

Wishlisted.