Re: [Exim] IS it possible? An idea may be

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] IS it possible? An idea may be
Hi David, on Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:49:24 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi, I have a lot of trouble with Spam in our systems and we have various
> filters in place and blocked senders but this is being reactive. I maybe
> am thinking of Spam assassin but do not have a lot of time to learn it
> and integrate it, as the projects wont pay for my time.

Try it. I was initially put off by worries about the complexity of
integrating SpamAssassin (time etc.), but once I sat down to do it, it
took only around 3-4 hours from start to finish. I haven't looked back
since.

I've done it on both Exim 3 and 4, based on the instructions at a
well-known URL which I don't seem to be able to lay my hands on.

Give it a go, it's well worth it. SpamAssassin is absolutely awesome. If
you have problems, I'll do my best to help.

Tim