[Exim] smtp auth version 4.0

Autor: Brett Robson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] smtp auth version 4.0
Hi all,

I'm a programmer who has had sys admin work thrust on him, and new to both
Exim and MTAs in general. I'm using version 4.05

We need to be able to send and receive mail remotely, ie from anywhere on
the web.

I've installed Exim and got mail moving between local addresses and sending
and receiving to remote host addresses. I've got POP and IMAP working.

But I'm at a total loss with with smtp authentication for local users to
relay from a MUA. I've compiled with PLAIN and LOCAL but the config file has
me beat. I bought the O'Reilly book but ACLs are new for ver 4, I've read
the online documentation but I'm still lost.

Would someone mind posting (or emailing me) a config file that does smtp
authentication please?

Thanks,
Brett

Yamasa Institute