Re: [Exim] (basic) autoreply questions

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] (basic) autoreply questions
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> (exim 3.36). i'm trying to set autoreply up. while basically works, i
> have some questions.

I think I have the rest of the answers. :-)

> address_reply:
> driver = autoreply
> bcc = ice@???
> from = ${local_part}@${domain}
> reply_to = ${local_part}@${domain}
> user = mail
> group = mail
> once = /var/spool/exim/autoreply-${local_part}@${domain}
> file = /etc/exim/autoreply/${local_part}@${domain}

> - as can se observer above, i have `once' set. there is no file
> generated at where `file' points to. (exim runs as mail, so it can
> write its spool dir).

The code has a clear comment that "once" works only on "to" recipients.
You don't have any "to" recpients there, just a "bcc" recipient.

> - there's bcc set (so that i could see whether it works or not),
> however i'm not getting bccs.

From the debug log, I realized that you are _only_ getting the bcc
delivery, because there are no "to" or "cc" recipients.

I think you need to add

    to = $sender_address

to your transport.