[Exim] error in local delivery for a new user

Autor: Daniel Zuidema
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] error in local delivery for a new user
System: suse 7.2
exim: 3.36
administrator: me
me: not the brightest star in Linux-world by far

Now I probably forgot something stupid. That's easy when you're not familiar
with linux and adding new users.
In the past I was able to succeed but now I'm stuck.

I created a new user and when I try to send mail it gives me something like the
question in the faq:

Q0506: Whenever Exim tries to do a local delivery, it gives a permission denied
error for the .forward file, like this:

         1998-08-10 16:55:32 0z5y2W-0000B8-00 == xxxx@??? <xxxx@???>
           D=userforward defer (-1): failed to open /home/xxxx/.forward
           (userforward director): Permission denied (euid=1234 egid=101)

A0506: Have you remembered to make Exim setuid root?

Now I've done that, and everything is working OK. I'm able to send messages for
ages, I'm receiving messages for ages. I'm forwarding messages for 1 user and
that is going ok too for ages. It's just this new user I've added.
I've checked everything but I just can't figure the error out.
It should be something stupid, and I should have read some fu@%#ing manual, but
I can't recall wich one.

please help.

Daniel