Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: exim list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Routing with Spamcop
On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 01:01 AM, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:59:32PM -0700, Mark Edwards wrote:
>> Okey dokey, I got this working finally. Mail that comes in is given a
>> warning header if it is in the dns blacklist. The warning header is
>> then
>> used to route the mail to a special user account for review. The one
>> odd
>> thing that hopefully someone here can explain is that spam for users
>> that
>> have a :fail: setting in my alias file gets rejected outright with the
>> :fail: message rather than routed to the special user, even though the
>> spam
>> router comes before the alias routers. I actually don't necessarily
>> mind
>> this behavior, but I would like to know how to control it.
>
> You presumably have:
>   accept  domains       = +local_domains
>           endpass
>           message       = unknown user
>           verify        = recipient

> In your acl?
>
> It's the last line of that that makes the :fail: happen.

One more question regarding this setup. I have a system filter that
makes a backup of all messages:

# Exim filter

# Ignore error messages
if error_message then finish endif

# Copy if this is the first delivery attempt
if first_delivery then
unseen deliver backup@??? errors_to postmaster@???
endif

This backup copy does not contain the X-Warning: headers that get
assigned in my ACL if hosts are in the blacklist. Is there a way to
have this functionality occur after the X-Warning: header is added?
Presumably system filters are processed before the ACL. Do I need to
move the filter into the "data =" part of a router? What are the
ramifications of doing this?

Thanks.

--
Mark Edwards