Re: [Exim] how do I create a filter

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Sebastien Bernard
CC: exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] how do I create a filter
On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Sebastien Bernard wrote:

> It seems you answer to my question, it is not possible to add a router

in a .forward ? As far as I dont have access to exim, being hosted and
not being root, I cannot of > course restart it.

Although this list is called "exim-users", what that really means is
"managers of Exim installations". People assume that is what you are,
not an end user. The Exim documentation is also written with system
managers in mind. It assumes knowledge of Unix systems and mail
administration.

No, you can't put routers in .forward. Routers are things that get put
by the admin into the Exim configuration.

What you can put in a .forward is documented in a document called
"Exim's interface to mail filtering". This is written with end-users in
mind. If your sysadmin hasn't made a copy available to you, ask for one.

> BTW, i read the fucking manual, it is maybe clear for you, not for me unfortunately.

Although "RTFM" is any amusing acronym used by everybody, I am unlikely
to respond further to posts that contain explicit expletives. We do try
to keep this mailing list more or less civilized.