Re: [Exim] accepting mail without being an open relay

Top Pagina
Auteur: Rejo Zenger
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] accepting mail without being an open relay
++ 13/06/02 08:33 -0400 - Dave C.:
>> I'm running Exim 4. All is running well, except for the posts by a perl
>> script (using the module Net::SMTP from libnet). Script is running on
>> the same host as Exim (sisterray.xs4all.nl). I keep getting these
>> errors:
>>
>> 2002-06-13 11:27:43 H=sisterray.xs4all.nl [213.84.142.121]
>> F=<autoresponder-modbot-nl.erotiek.overig=bounces@???>
>> rejected RCPT <peter@???>: EO ACL: relaying denied

[...]
>It looks like the perl script is making its connection to your real IP
>address, so it will appear to be _coming_ from your real IP address.
>
>Assuming that 213.84.142.121 really is the IP address of your server,
>you could add an:
>
>accept        hosts = 213.84.142.121

>before the deny.

Yes, this is what I have done now and which seems to accept the emails
from my script and not making it an open relay. Like I already said: the
solution is a very simple, but in one way or another I mananged to miss
it for some time. Thank you.

OT: For those interested, the script in question is a Q&D perl script
that is used to moderated a couple of newsgroups in the nl.* hierarchy,
this part is sending the rejection notice to posters who's submissions
have not been approved.

Thank you guys!

    -Rejo.

--