Re: [Exim] rewrite rule help

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] rewrite rule help
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> Oh.. Thats not how I understood it.. I though the S rule only controlled
> *WHEN* the rewriting was done (eg, before any address verification or
> other checks were done), not what was rewritten..
>
> Upon re-reading the relevant section, I see what I missed.

Sorry about that. Yes, 'S' is very specific to incoming SMTP commands,
nothing else.

> It would still be nice to be able to fix this up before the synax checks
> though.. As crappy as these mail clients are, they arent going away, and
> they arent going to get fixed, and I would still like to force mail to
> have correct syntax..

What you want is a rewrite flag that says "this rule must be a regex
that gets applied to this header [before syntax checks]". I will put
such an idea on the wish list.

Actually, it might be better for the flag to be "this rule must be a
regex that is applied to every header line" - then you can make it match
the header name yourself, and can use it with all kinds of headers that
Exim doesn't need to know about.