Re: [Exim] rewrite rule help

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] rewrite rule help
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> > Rewrite rules only rewrite syntactically valid addresses (with the sole
> > exception of the 'S' rule for SMTP arguments).
>
> Er, I'm specifically using the 'S' flag. Shouldnt that be able to tackle
> it?

No. You are trying to rewrite a header line. The 'S' flag says "apply
this rule to the arguments of incoming SMTP commands". You need flags
like f, r, etc. to say "apply this rule to the addresses in header
lines", and that's when Exim expects to see valid addresses.

There is no facility to say "apply this rule to the contents of a
header line", I'm afraid.

> Also, at one point, even though I had only specified 't' and NOT 'T',
> the _envelope_ address got rewritten..

If the message came in via SMTP and you had the S flag set...

Philip