Re: [Exim] Help with rejecting hosts problems

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Help with rejecting hosts problems
--
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:12:23PM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
| Yes, I think I am confused. So let me back up and describe the problem
| and hopefully someone can point me in the direction of a solution,
| because mine obviously didn't work.

| Spam is the problem :)
| I started using RBL lists, this works great, but some hosts that I want
| to get mail from are listed.

| How do I make a white list of hosts I want to get mail from?

First, use exim 4!

Make a file, eg /etc/exim/reverse-rbl
    # List the IPs you want to whitelist.  It's even more flexible
    # than that if you do the lookup right.
    192.168.0.100:

In your ACL, use something like this (untested) :

    # first check the whitelist
    accept  hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/exim/reverse-rbl

    # reject other connections from RBLed hosts
    deny    hosts = !+skip_rbl_hosts
            dnslists =  \
                    list.dsbl.org=127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2 : \
                    unconfirmed.dsbl.org : \
                    multihop.dsbl.org
            message = X-RBL-Warning: $sender_host_address , $dnslist_domain , $dnslist_value , $dnslist_text
            log_message = RBL : $sender_host_address , $dnslist_domain , $dnslist_value , $dnslist_text

| If I need to how do I make a white list of senders on hosts I want to
| get mail from?

Like above, but adjust what you do the lookup on.

http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

| How do I make my own black list of hosts to block?
| How do I over ride a black listed host for a specific sender?

Same as above. One way is to configure a zone on your local
nameserver and use it like any other RBL.

HTH,
-D

--

No harm befalls the righteous,
but the wicked have their fill of trouble.