Re: [Exim] STRANGE DEVELOPMENT WITH MAIL ABUSE SERVICES

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Odhiambo G. Washington, exim-users
CC: Reginald Tole
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] STRANGE DEVELOPMENT WITH MAIL ABUSE SERVICES
+++ Odhiambo G. Washington <Saturday 25 May 2002 02:24 pm>:
> The new kid on the block (yes, I hadn't heard about them before) blacklists
> a whole IP block just because one client installed M$ Winblows 2000 with
> its dreaded SMTPSVC and was used by some geek to relay. Well I am talking
> about http://www.mailabusedatabase.com/ !! I think a bunch of morons are
> behind this, hoping that money can be made so easily. I call them morons
> because they do not weigh the net effect of their scheme.

Only a moron would use that db, or pay to get out of it, afaict.

Blocklists are blocklists, hell we use a lot of them ourselves - but there
should be a rationale behind them. And there shouldn't be any "processing
fee" for "removal".

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
[Linux One Stanza Tip]    From : <bish@???>