Re: [Exim] STRANGE DEVELOPMENT WITH MAIL ABUSE SERVICES

Autor: Oliver Egginger
A: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] STRANGE DEVELOPMENT WITH MAIL ABUSE SERVICES
> Maybe this is not so good???
No thats right-minded,
but your problems don't come from your MTAs configuration.

If there is a client in your network which allows relaying
without checking anything,
so you only can cut off this by prohibit all SMTP traffic to bypass
your mailserver.
This is typically done by firewall rules.

In other words :
    host_accept_relay = ...
Can only be checked if the SMTP traffic reach your maiserver.
:-)
That's the snag.

- oliver

Am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2002 13:18 schrieben Sie: