Re: [Exim] $message_headers not recognised [Exim 4.04]

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ephraim Silverberg
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] $message_headers not recognised [Exim 4.04]
On Mon, 20 May 2002, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:

> We have a router condition in our configuration file that looks like this:
>
> condition = ${perl{check_content}{$message_headers}{$message_body}}
>
> Every few messages, we get this error message:
>
> 2002-05-20 16:20:22 failed to expand condition"${perl{check_content}{$message_headers} {$message_body}}" for content_checker router: unknown variable name "message_headers"
>
> It doesn't happen every message (almost all messages pass through this router)
> and no message seems to be adversely affected in its delivery by this failure.
>
> Any ideas?

I think I can see what's going on here, but just to be doubly sure: Are
you verifying senders or recipients in your ACL for checking RCPT
commands? I suspect that you are, and Exim is giving this incorrect
error because there are no header lines in existence at that stage.

You could double-check this by running a test with "exim -bh".

Assuming I've got this right, I'll fix it for the next release (and send
you a patch to try out.)