Re: [Exim] Force a failure with my own failure message at tr…

Author: cami
To: Steve Drees
CC: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Force a failure with my own failure message at transport time?
| | Is there a way to force a bounce at transport time with a custom bounce
| | message?
| |

| I don't beleive so - you really want to do that at routing or directing,
| which are the stems that determine if a message is acceptable and
| addressed to a valid recipient. Transporting is merely the actual
| delivery.

I'm going to have to disagree on this one, there has been a number of
times/situations where a option like this would be really needed.. Lets
say for example if a client didnt pay, and all their mail was in the queue,
i really needed an option to bounce all messages with a specific message
to indicate the reason of the forced bounce (i'm sure someone else could
come up with better reasons for this enabled)

++C