Re: [Exim] Force a failure with my own failure message at tr…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dave C.
CC: Steve Drees, Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Force a failure with my own failure message at transport time?
On Sun, 19 May 2002, Dave C. wrote:

> > Is there a way to force a bounce at transport time with a custom bounce
> > message?
> >

> I don't beleive so - you really want to do that at routing or directing,
> which are the stems that determine if a message is acceptable and
> addressed to a valid recipient. Transporting is merely the actual
> delivery.

Depends on exactly what you want to do, but if you route an address to a
pipe transport, you can make the command that is run write the custom
message to its standard output, and set return_output on the pipe. The
address will then bounce, and the bounce message will contain the output
from the pipe's command.