Re: [Exim] Outlook 2002 and Exim 4.04?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Kirill Miazine
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Gabriel Lawrence
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Outlook 2002 and Exim 4.04?
* Gabriel Lawrence <gabe@???> [20020429 20:22]:
> I've been using Exim with smtp auth for a while now running Evolution,
> KMail, and NSCP Mail... Now I have a someone who wants to use outlook
> 2002, and I'd rather not try and pry it away from them. Sooo... I've
> tried to configure it using SMTP auth with no success. I saw about the
> patch that puts an equals in after the auth header, and hand patch 4.04
> do do that, but still no luck. Does this thing work with outlook or not?
> What do I need to do? and how come this isn't in the FAQ I'd think with
> the large number of outlooks out there this would get asked a lot...

What are you authenticators? Afaik Outlook uses LOGIN and it's very
picky about server_prompts - it want them to be Username: and Password:
(note the trailing colon). Make sure you have defined one.

Here's a (working) example:

login:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = LOGIN
    server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
    server_condition = ${lookup pgsql {SELECT password FROM users \
                                       WHERE username='${quote_pgsql:$1}' \
                                       AND password='${quote_pgsql:$2}' \
                                       AND active='y'} {yes} {no}}
    server_set_id = $1

You didn't really need to patch Exim - it's (or at least, it should be!)
possible to force Outlook to use authenticated SMTP.

--
Kirill