Re: [Exim] Eudora 5.1, exim 3.x and SMTP/TLS

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mark Morley
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Eudora 5.1, exim 3.x and SMTP/TLS

> Got a client running Eudora 5.1 I'm trying to use STARTTLS with to an
> exim server. If I set it to STARTTLS required it connects and then
> says the server does not support SSL.

Just had something similar here. Is the customer running Norton Antivirus?
When set to scan outbound mail, it acts as an SMTP proxy and it doesn't pass
along the STARTTLS command, instead returning a "command not supported" type
of error. Try disabling outbound scanning in Norton.

Mark