Re: [Exim] Eudora 5.1, exim 3.x and SMTP/TLS

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Peter Radcliffe
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Eudora 5.1, exim 3.x and SMTP/TLS
"Tabor J. Wells" <twells@???> probably said:
> Peter Radcliffe <pir@???> is thought to have said:
> > > 220 server greeting
> > < EHLO client.address
> > > 250-server Hello client.address [ip.ad.re.ss]
> > > 250-SIZE 15728640
> > > 250-EXPN
> > > 250-PIPELINING
> > > 250-STARTTLS
> > > 250 HELP
> > < QUIT
> > > 221 server closing connection

> The process to fix this (from memory so it is likely to be a little bit off)
> is configure it to use STARTTLS, try to connect and when it fails go back to
> the configuration page, click on the button right next to the drop down
> where you say STARTTLS is required (it may be labelled "certificates" or
> something similar), then when the certificate manage pops up, find the cert
> with the skull and crossbones next to it, set it to be accepted, and try
> connecting again.

I did that when I got imaps working, but note in the SMTP conversation
above the complete lack of the client sending 'STARTTLS'. It never
sees the certificate to have a problem with it.

I want to know why it's refusing to even try.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@???                 pir-sig@???