[Exim] [OFF TOPIC] Hotmail MX servers hosed?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] [OFF TOPIC] Hotmail MX servers hosed?
Hi folks,

I'm having quite a bit of trouble sending mail to my hotmail
subscribers.

The problems I have all stem from the fact that I've pretyt much hacked
the socks off Exim and I'm using it in a way it was never intended to be
used, bypassing much of the functionality that would make this a
non-issue for most Exim users.

My question is simply "Is it a known problem that hotmail's MX's are
totally hosed these days?" Whenever I run this simple script

    for i in `jot -w %02d 15`; do
        telnet mx$i.hotmail.com 25
    done

I tend to get between 1 and 4 hosts accepting my connections. I
regularly verify that there _are_ actually 15 MX hosts configured in
DNS, and the last time I tried, there were 14 (mx03.hotmail.com was
taken out).

I thought this may have been because of an erroneous blacklisting, but
I've checked this from my shell account on a server on the Yahoo cluster
(which I'm pretty sure Hotmail wouldn't have blacklisted) and get the
same results.

If someone could just give me a truthful "Yes, you're not alone", I'd
take a chill pill and figure out how to exclude hotmail from all my ugly
hacks.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: It's naughty to send off-topic posts to the lists.  It's even worse
    to allow them to turn into long threads. *sheepish.grin*