Re: [Exim] Exim -C and child inheritence of the config file

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Sheldon Hearn
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim -C and child inheritence of the config file
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> My question is whether they read that config file off disk when they
> start up, and whether what they take from it is used unmodified by any
> interaction with the parent.

you mean, like:

1. master process starting up, reading conffile, parsing, etc., doing
stuff
<slight pause while>
2. the very same conffile being modified
3. master process wakes up to exec a child with referring to the same
file it was called with

? and is the question here, what config does the child run ?

if yes, i don't know :), but i'd say that it does pick up a modified
one... but that's just feelings.

if the q is not this, then i'm not following

--
[-]