Re: [Exim] AOL blocks SSL/TLS?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] AOL blocks SSL/TLS?
On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 06:34:12PM -0700, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that _all_ ISPs should do this. The biggest problem

I'm not sure. I like the option of connecting to my own relay system rather
than that of the ISP I'm dialing into. Though I think that dialup lists
are a good thing.

> isn't just the exploitation of insecure mail servers, but direct sending.
> If you've have actually looked at any spam lately, most it is simply
> direct mailed and does not require a relay. It takes less time to

Actually, for me, due to the way my spam protection works that's most of
what gets rejected, on the other hand...

> sign up a new account with AOL than it does to investigate and respond
> to a spam complaint. That means that if AOL didn't do this, their one

...the spam that has been getting through to me has mostly come from the
AOL MXs recently.

> million some odd dialup ports would be spewing spam into the Internet
> faster than anyone could stop. They would need hundreds of people to
> police it.

Hmmm, not sure. In some ways, it's all very well for the ISP to be
transparently redirecting pt 25, but if they aren't noticing spam spews,
then I'm not quite sure I see the point.

MBM