Re: [Exim] AOL blocks SSL/TLS?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marc MERLIN
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: James P. Roberts
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] AOL blocks SSL/TLS?
On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 08:40:36PM -0400, James P. Roberts wrote:
> (7) By setting Stunnel to listen on that port, and simply have it
> redirect the connection to localhost:25, and also negotiate "smtps" (see
> below), it works! This eliminates the "dropped connection" error
> (0x800CCC0F) that OE gives when using encryption to any port other than
> 25.

Thanks to Philip you can now have exim 4.03 listen for encrypted connections
on a different port (i.e. not use stunnel)

> I suspect I am going to have problems the first time I get a customer
> that uses Netscape email, and also uses an ISP that hi-jacks SMTP

No, netscape does the right thing.
Just put smtp.domain.tld:2525 and it'll work (using STARTTLS)

And to answer the question, no 2525 isn't special, I just picked it like
others picked 8080 for an alternate web port

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key