Re: [Exim] v6

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Randy Bush
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Hazel
Υ/ο: Kevin Sindhu, exim users, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] v6
>> looks like ph10's guess was correct, the A is being returned before the
>> AAAA. i suspect my v6 friends would ask that AAAA be preferred even if
>> it is not first.
> I presume you mean in the case
> MX -> name -> two IP addresses, one v4 and one v6
> but not in the case
> MX -> two names, one has A and one has AAAA
> where of course the MX preferences will determine the order.

or when there is no mx, and only one or more AAAAs and one or more As.

or when the MX pointing to the AAAA has the same cost as one
pointing to the A.

> Is it worth adding an option to Exim specially for this, when your v6
> friends can achieve what they want by suitable MX records?

first, this confuses client and server and dns admin. one presumes
that the dns admin is related to the server. but the client, which
is the one making the choice, has little relationship to them.

also, v6 bigots seem to feel that, when both are available, v6
should always be preferred.

randy