Re: [Exim] v6

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Randy Bush
Υ/ο: Kevin Sindhu, exim users, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] v6
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Randy Bush wrote:

> looks like ph10's guess was correct, the A is being returned before the
> AAAA. i suspect my v6 friends would ask that AAAA be preferred even if
> it is not first.

I presume you mean in the case

MX -> name -> two IP addresses, one v4 and one v6

but not in the case

MX -> two names, one has A and one has AAAA

where of course the MX preferences will determine the order.

Is it worth adding an option to Exim specially for this, when your v6
friends can achieve what they want by suitable MX records? I need more
convincing...