Re: [Exim] relay question

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gary
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Dave C.
Υ/ο: exim-users, ph10
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] relay question
Hi Dave,

By the way, thanks for the replies, it's a big help!

Well I thought by setting *.hispeed.ch I'd be able to alow this DNS client
to authenticate and along with SMTP AUTH, I should be relatively safe; I do
see the danger though. I've actually followed this up in a speparate post
regarding difficulty I've been having with getting TLS to work.

In short:

With exim4 compiled with the following options:

AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes
AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes
AUTH_SPA=yes
SUPPORT_TLS=yes
TLS_LIBS=-lssl -lcrypto
TLS_LIBS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
TLS_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/ssl/include/

and the runtime configuration file with these options (I put them in the
Authentication Configuration section because I couldn't find where else they
belonged).

tls_advertise_hosts = *
tls_certificate = /usr/local/ssl/certs/smtp2.cert
tls_privatekey = /usr/local/ssl/certs/smtp1.key

exim fails to start with the following:

Exim version 4.03 #5 built 18-Apr-2002 07:14:32
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002
2002-04-18 13:36:21 Exim configuration error in line 532:
option "tls_advertise_hosts" unknown

and the same thing goes for the exim_paniclog

My theory is that somehow I don't have TLS compiled into the binary somehow
(I'm staring at TLS_LIBS etc...).

Gary.