Re: [Exim] Using SA to not accept incoming spam?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tony Earnshaw
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Greg Webster
Υ/ο: Christoph Lameter, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Using SA to not accept incoming spam?
--
ons, 2002-04-10 kl. 23:00 skrev Greg Webster:

> I've been watching SA for a couple weeks and
> it caught a couple things it shouldn't have (one newsletter I had signed
> up for [Redhat's Under the Brim] and one joke from a friend which was
> caught for having multiple question marks in the subject line and a swear
> word or two in the body). I'd be wary of trusting it to automatically
> prevent me from getting messages I want.

I had the same.

Via Exim's system filter, everything ajudged as being spam is logged to
a dedicated logfile and all so called spam mail is saved to a "spam"
directory via appendfile. And can be reclaimed and redirected, if
necessary.

By watching the logs, it's possible to eliminate "whitelist" senders.
For me, for example, Spamassassin classed Sophos's IDE notification as
spam. And missed out on a couple of other spammers.

However, it's possible to put your own rules into
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs or /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf .

For me, Spamassassin has saved so much agro, that it's been more than
worth the trouble to figure this all out. It really has got well over
97% of all spam. And what's the real alternative if you're on a mail
feed?

Tonni

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981