Re: [Exim] IP-based rejection

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Paul Makepeace
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] IP-based rejection
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Could someone please remind me which exim directive(s) could elicit,
>
> recipient <[...]> refused [...] (failed to find host name from IP address)
>
> in the rejectlog? For some reason I can't seem to isolate it. (Is there
> a list of diagnostics and causes for exim?)

The bit in parentheses is just a comment. It is not necessarily the
cause of the rejection. The easiest way to find out what is happening is
to test with -bh.

> Is it possible to turn this rejection off for certain domains? I host
> one domain that seems to have a particularly large number of clueless
> senders.

Depends on what is causing the rejection! Whatever it is, it is easier
to do that in Exim 4 than in Exim 3.