Re: [Exim] local_scan API and more

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Alexander Sabourenkov
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] local_scan API and more
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:

> Uh-oh. Stupid me, searched the list, but found nothing...

No, stupid me. I hadn't pushed the latest version of the Wish List to
the ftp site. I have now.

> Would you like to outline basic steps in implementing this, so that I could
> do it now? I'm in kind of desperate need, b/c recompiling exim for each virtual
> machine we host, or throwing homebrewn config files all over the place is
> something we can't really afford.

Well, I haven't really thought about it much. The very rough idea I had
went something like this: each router, transport, and authenticator has
its own list of options. These are defined by tables in the code for the
driver - look at any .c file in src/routers, for example. It probably
wouldn't be too hard to set things up so that the local_scan.c module
could also have such a table, with the actual storage in its own private
(static) variables. The settings for these variables could be in a new
section of the configuration file, introduced by "begin local_scan".

What would have to be changed would be code in readconf.c, to recognize
the new configuration section, and to call the interpretation functions
with a pointer to the appropriate table. I have not looked at how hard
it would be to do this, or how hard it would be to make it backwards
compatible, so that existing local_scan.c modules that don't have the
appropriate tables would still work. It may be that backwards
compatibility isn't possible, but it would be nice if it could be done.