Re: [Exim] Wierd log entries?

Author: dman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Wierd log entries?
On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 02:12:02AM +0200, j2 wrote:
| I did something which prolly isnt "the rightway". I installed Exim-3.35 via
| the package provided in debian/testing. Then i did my own compile of exim
| 3.36 to supposrt mySQL. Then i just replaced the /usr/sbin/exim binary with
| the one i have compiled, and i get messages as below. What file is not
| found?

| Or,: i am sure there is a reson for why i should NOT have done the exim
| replace like i did, or is it an "okay" path to take?

It is ok to do that, as long as you set all the compile-time options
correctly. Go through the Local/Makefile the debian package used and
compare it to your own. See what is different, and find out what
should not be different. A properly configured exim binary can be
dropped in place of the packaged one (just put the package on hold
afterwards!). I did this with exim4.

-D

--

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.